Mar 8

540i M62TU Camshafts

1 comment

Hello,

I was replacing a valve covers gaskets on my e39 540i and I've noticed that inlet camshafts have a bit o wear. What you guys think ? See pic attached.

Thanks in advance.

It should be fine, most of those look like that

• Bought a 2003 530i (e39) for $500 a few weeks ago and I am in the process of fixing it with a friend, but there are a few issues. Any tips on what I should focus on first to get it to pass smog. The car have some water damage as we found water inside underneath driver and passenger seat. It also overheat (change out radiator), but it possible coolant reservoir might still got a leak. Ran the code today and here's what we found : *abs check engine light on *airbag light is on *warning light is on (triangle with the !) *brake light is on 242 Misfire cylinder 5 >check the spark plug, coil, oil in cylinder, injector cleaner?? 123 Electronic thermostat control 10 Coolant temperature sensor 122 Engine oil temperature sensor 209 EWS (electronic immobilizer) manipulation check 53 Idle speed actuator - open coil 27 Idle speed actuator - close coil 100 ECU Self test 37 Switching delay main relay 214 Vehicle speed signal 149 CAN : ABS/ASC Wheel speed signal >change the ABS wheel sensor, but which one? Thank you
  • Hi, I've got some issues with my A/C. It works for some time then blown the fuse number 9 (15A). Heater valves working fine, aux fan works fine, a/c clutch looks ok, any idea ? how to diagnose it properly, need some advice please. thanks.
  • Front vents blow cold but back seat puts out hot air. Anyone have info on this problem?